Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Dog Won't Poop... and Other Interesting Dog Updates

Many of you may know that we rescued a dachshund called Miyagi in February. Since then, we have had many doggie adventures. Little Miyagi has become part of our family. But our little angel has had some issues lately.

First of all, he won't poop. When we're in the biggest hurry, he'll walk outside and just lie down in the grass and stare at us. It's really annoying, especially when it's his last chance for a while. Then of course, we come home to find poop on the floor.

ME: Arrgh! John, there's poop on the floor!
JOHN: Miyagi! Why did you poop on the floor?!
MIYAGI: I had to poop, so I pooped on the floor.
JOHN: Why can't you go when we take you outside?
MIYAGI: I dunno. I like the carpet. No bugs.

Secondly, he has some... boundary issues.

ME: Doggie, stop licking my feet.
MIYAGI: Why? I like to lick your feet. They're salty.
ME: Well, I'm not really comfortable with that level of affection.
MIYAGI: *Sigh* Fine. Can I have a squeaky toy?

And finally, he likes to "bury" things inside. It's so cute - he'll stuff his bones into the couch cushions and then use his nose to move pretend dirt over the spot. I'm posting a picture of the dog following a bone burial in the cushion (note the little doggie steps next to the cushion)!



The problem is that we can't give him bones without finding them in the bone graveyard (couch) later. He never actually eats them.

We're headed to Charleston tomorrow after we drop off Doggie at his grandparents' house. He gets to spend the weekend in the country. I'm not sure if I'll be able to post anything for List Day tomorrow, but I'll do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment