Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Flank Organ Pain

Last night we enjoyed Friday on a Tuesday - that is, dinner at our favorite restaurant and karaoke + beers at a new place. We had a blast! (And the best part was not having to worry about WORK today!)

Unfortunately, throughout the night I had a mysterious pain in my side. My two physician dinner companions confirmed the location as either my colon or my ovary (which I think is a really wide error of margin, but anyway). As a layperson, I would like to take the liberty of *stealing* a brilliant term I think describes any side pain you've got: "flank organ." A flank organ is any mysterious internal body part in your mid-section. Like it? Use it. People will thank you!

So the "flank organ" pain escalated to intolerable by the time we got home. John dosed me with big-daddy pain killers and I eventually fell asleep. Oh, the dreams I had! It was like a song sequence from a 70's Scooby Doo cartoon. The next time I opened my eyes, it was this afternoon at 1PM. Yowser! My flank organ no longer hurts, by the way. However, I *may* or may not have left my house sometime in the night in my underwear and bought a cherry slushie. Not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment