Saturday, May 15, 2010

The End of Gainful Employment


Friday was my last day of work. I am still not sure how I feel about that. I think I thought I'd be thrilled to have a whole summer off and be a "Lady of Leisure" before I start school in August, but so far it feels just like a regular weekend...

EXCEPT, all weekend I've had a desperate desire to make myself do nothing productive just to prove that I don't have to cram all my housework into Saturday and Sunday. So my house looks like a meth lab... dishes, food, gutted dog toys, 4 days of mail, shoes, STUFF everywhere! I fight the urge to clean just so I can wake up on Monday and have something important to do.

In lieu of cleaning and laundry, I've played Pikmin for approximately 18 hours out of the last 48. I have blisters on my thumbs! What?! You've never heard of it? Pikmin is the most brilliant video game ever. I'll try with my limited blogger skills to post a picture, because I feel it is critical that you understand. To understand Pikmin is to understand the meaning of life.

Since John has been working all weekend, it's just been me and our longdog Miyagi. He alternates between using his special little wiener dog steps to see what's happening in the big chair and chewing on his new squeaky toy for hours at a time. Sometimes I imagine that he and I have little conversations:

MIYAGI: Hey, what are you doing up here in the big chair?
ME: I'm playing Pikmin.
MIYAGI: Well I'm going to walk all over your lap and try to kiss your face while you try to kill that bad guy, and then I'm going to go squeak my toy for a while, OK?

And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment